“Genus” is a botanical term that refers to a plant’s classification. A plant within a particular genus has one or more attributes in common with other plants in the same genus.
In botanical nomenclature, the term is used either on its own or followed by a Latin adjective, to form the name of a species
- Absorption and tissue distribution of curcumin in rats
- Ann McIntyre (1995), The Complete Women’s Herbal
- David Hoffman (2013), Holistic Herbal: A Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
- German Commission E, Journal of the American Medical Association, 1993
- Rosemary Gladstar (2014), Herbs for Common Ailments: How to Make and Use Herbal Remedies for Home Health Care