A choleretic herb acts to increase the volume of bile that the liver produces. This enhances the body’s ability to release toxins. This also has a laxative effect, which improves the detox capacity of the body’s cell tissue.
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis)
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis)
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum)
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
- An Evidence-based Review of Astragalus Membranaceus (Astragalus) for Cancer Patients
- Anticancer and carcinogenic properties of curcumin: Considerations for its clinical development as a cancer chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic agent
- Cancer chemopreventive and tumoricidal properties of saffron (Crocus sativus L.)
- David Hoffmann L. BSc (Hons), MNIMH
- Paula Jo Broadfoot, 2009. Integrating Complementary Medicine into Veterinary Practice.