An herb that causes evacuation of the bowels. Cathartic herbs range from mild laxatives to vigorous purgatives.
- Aloe (Aloe vera)
- Castor Oil (Ricinus communis)
- Figs (Ficus carica)
- Onion (Allium cepa)
- Prunes (Prunus domestica)
- Senna (Cassia senna)
- An Evidence-based Review of Astragalus Membranaceus (Astragalus) for Cancer Patients
- Anticancer and carcinogenic properties of curcumin: Considerations for its clinical development as a cancer chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic agent
- Cancer chemopreventive and tumoricidal properties of saffron (Crocus sativus L.)
- David Hoffmann L. BSc (Hons), MNIMH
- Paula Jo Broadfoot, 2009. Integrating Complementary Medicine into Veterinary Practice.