An herb or compound that alleviates or eliminates pain without causing loss of consciousness.
Some analgesic herbs are most effective against specific types of pain.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita)
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum)
- Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum)
- Echinacea(Echinacea purpurea)
- Feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium L.)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Passionflower (Passiflora incarnata)
- Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens)
The video playlist below has several analgesic herbal remedies from the traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine.
- David Hoffman (2013), Holistic Herbal: A Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
- Rosemary Gladstar (2014), Herbs for Common Ailments: How to Make and Use Herbal Remedies for Home Health Care
- Ann McIntyre (1995), The Complete Women’s Herbal
- Herbs—Packed with Powerful Antioxidants—Oregano Ranks Highest