An antacid herb neutralizes acids in the stomach and intestinal tract. It also helps the stomach lining recuperate and to better tolerate the gastric acid. Gastric acid is necessary for good digestion.
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria)
- Hops (Humulus lupulu)
- Marshmallow (Althea officinalis)
The video below shows you four herbal teas that you can brew and take as natural antacid remedies.
- David Hoffman (2013), Holistic Herbal: A Safe and Practical Guide to Making and Using Herbal Remedies
- Rosemary Gladstar (2014), Herbs for Common Ailments: How to Make and Use Herbal Remedies for Home Health Care
- Ann McIntyre (1995), The Complete Women’s Herbal
- Herbs—Packed with Powerful Antioxidants—Oregano Ranks Highest